This job expired on 03/09/2014
Browse Summer jobs by Region
Browse Summer jobs by Sector
Your role would be to assist the Head chef in their roles. Usually you would be responsible for the afternoon tea, desserts and children's dinner. Assisting in the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen area and assist the chalet person when required.
Also you will get the opportunity to learn new skills, progress in the kitchen environment and meet a variety of exiting new people
Minimum Qualifications/Experience: General catering or hygiene qualifications.
Location: French Alps (various resorts).
Salary is competitive + benefits
· A competitive wage paid from the day you leave the UK to the day you arrive home.
· Holiday pay, calculated over length of employment, including Christmas, New Year.
· Accommodation shared bedroom, possibly shared bathroom.
· Food as guests plus lunches and day off.
· Travel to and from France.
· Health and Accident insurance with £75 excess on policy.
· Uniform: jacket, fleece, polo and t-shirts.
· A bonus related to performance up to a maximum of £300.
· Local area seasonal lift pass. (some resorts are full area)
· Skis, boots and poles (ex-rental stock).
· Free ski lessons subject to availability.
· 1 full day off per week.
· Discounted drinks and food from Ski Olympic bars.
· Tips shared equally amongst all chalet team.
· Choice of resort, discussed at the end of training. (position availability permitting)Start Date: Dec 2013 End date: April/May 2014